Now that you are Saved in Christ 3

This is the forum for teaching all that relates to salvation in Christ and in life.
Site Admin

Now that you are Saved in Christ 3

Post by admin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:24 pm

“Therefore IF any man be IN CHRIST, he is a NEW CREATURE: OLD THINGS are PASSED AWAY; behold, ALL THINGS are BECOME NEW.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

The above Scripture is very deep and I will take the pain and time to explain each of the words I have highlighted in capitals to help you understand more about your salvation in Christ Jesus.

”Therefore IF any man be ….”

“If” in the above is a clause of condition. The “IF” suggest a probability in decision making. It means when a man finally decides be in Christ. SALVATION IS “IF” i.e. it is a choice anyone can make to receive it. God has never forced His will on anyone. He has made man A FREE MORAL AGENT. Man has 100% control over his will and can decide to rebel against God or become loyal to Him, Adam and Eve comes to mind in Genesis 3.

For example, you are now saved but truly the time you got saved was not the first time you heard about Jesus but it was indeed the first time you made up your mind to fully surrender your life to Him.

Salvation is indeed a free gift but it will need man’s cooperation to accept such a gift. I have heard some teachers of The Bible claim man has no input in the issue of salvation and I find that really absurd. Truly, Christ paid the price for salvation but man has a choice to make in accepting or rejecting the offer.

“For the wages of sin is death; BUT THE GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23

The question is WHAT IS A GIFT?

A gift is a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

God's righteousness is a gift

“For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:17

God has provided for us an "indescribable" gift

“Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift” 2 Corinthians 9:15 Read New Living Translation to know the gift spoken about here is God’s Son- Jesus Christ.

Paul talks about the gifts of the Spirit in 1 Cor. 12.

The question we should now ask is

I believe you know the answer to that already. Let’s see John 1:12,

“He came unto his own, and his own received him not.”

Does that sound like rejection?

Sure it is. Jesus was rejected by His own people and they even consented to His death with all the amazing wonders He did in their midst.

“20 Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them.
21 But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.
23 And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.
24 And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required.”
Luke 23:20-24

Is this not alarming and also ironic? Many of the people who few days before now hailed Him as the blessed one joined in the rebellion by demanding for His death. This is to show you that the human will can decide or decide not to receive God’s gift.

John 3:16 declares,

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

God gave His Son to the whole world but the world did not accept His free gift because no one can be forced to receive a gift no matter how great and wonderful the gift might be. So we see the “IF” in 2 Corinthians 5:17 is a matter of choice base on the human will.

Salvation is given freely but you must make the choice to accept it as you have now finally done even though you had rejected it many times.

Can one really receive the gift of salvation and loose it?

This is 100% possible. Since it is a gift, it can be abused or lost via carelessness. Don’t allow anyone to brainwash you that ONCE SAVED YOU ARE FOREVER SAVED IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT YOU DO. The gift of God can be lost and it’s so evident today.

Have you not seen believers who were once fervent and on fire for God who are now worse than unbelievers?

I have if you haven’t. The “IF” that made you to make the right choice can still make you to make the wrong choice when you choose not to walk in the Light of God according to The Bible.