Deliverance from the New Testament View

This is the forum to share any thought of yours that can benefit and edify the community. It could be Biblical, moral, short articles or quotes, business etc.
Site Admin

Deliverance from the New Testament View

Post by admin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I hear new generation Ministers and their followers’ alike shout BELIEVERS IN CHRIST DON’T NEED DELIVERANCE. Such group always get pissed off when they see anyone say or post anything about deliverance. My pain is such people have not really taken their time to study their Bible carefully but conclude on what they feel or believe is the right concept of deliverance.

Before I delve into this issue, I am amazed with the way many of this set of people live lives that are at variance with God’s Word and such still believe they don’t need deliverance. The rampant sinful lifestyles covered with the glamour of grace is something even the angels above shudder at. Is such life reflecting Christ or the Antichrist?

I once told a firebrand tongue speaking sister in one of those new generation churches about her spiritual problems. She asserted she was free in Christ and quoted Scriptures to back her claims. I just shook my head and I told her she was quoting theory. She did not believe me. She later had an encounter with reality and came back to me after many months that she is ready for deliverance.

In the course of the deliverance prayers, I rebuked the spiritual python in her and the spiritual husband and they left. You could have been there to see how she wriggled like a snake on the floor. Thank God, she saw those things herself. She later said,

“If I was told I had those things in my life, I would never believe.”

I met another sister from this same set of people who believe Christians don’t need deliverance. I told her the problem and like their normal behaviours quoted Scriptures. I gave her prayer points and she humbly did it. In one of her dream encounters. She saw herself vomit a mighty yam from her mouth. When the yam fell on the floor, it turned into a big cat which stirred at her before it ran away. She was dazed and shocked.

I once taught a Minister of God the MYSTERY OF ADULTERY. He was shocked to the teeth and exclaimed, "BUT WE WERE NEVER TAUGHT LIKE THIS" I simply replied, "THIS IS REVELATION"

“Who hath DELIVERED US FROM THE POWER OF DARKNESS, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:” Colossians 1:13

“And lead us not into temptation, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Matthew 6:13

The word deliverance from the New Testament Greek word is “rhýomai “ which means draw to oneself – properly, draw (pull) to oneself; to rescue ("snatch up"); to draw or rescue a person to and for the deliverer.
With the definitions above, deliverance means;

1. God pulling us to Himself. The question is what is he pulling us from? Definitely, from sin, self and Satan to make us His precious children.

2. God rescuing us. From what exactly? Definitely, from the manipulations and attacks of the wicked ones.
If the above are true then it means we all need deliverance from one thing or the other. Living in self-delusion will never help anyone. Jesus said we should pray, “DELIVER US FROM EVIL”

I wonder why this set of people feel Jesus made a blunder with that statement with the way they preach and teach today. The Christian life is no easy one because it is filled with all kind of spiritual battles that only superior knowledge in the Holy Ghost can help us to overcome. Jesus said,

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” Matthew 16:18

Jesus never said, the gates of hell won’t fight but He said such will not prevail. Don’t you think we need deliverance from the massive satanic onslaught going on against believers in Christ today?

“8 Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.
9 Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters* all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.” 1 Peter 5:8-9

Those who preach and teach, the devil is no longer relevant and that Jesus had conquered him on the Cross, therefore he is now powerless are not sincere. Which devil was Apostle referring to in 1 Thessalonians 2:18?

“Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.”

From the above, was it possible he was high on drugs or had high fever when he made that statement?

The greatest apostle in the Bible who had raw encounters with Christ, wrote 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament, was taken to the third heaven where God lives(2 Corinthians 12), did mighty signs and wonders for God made a mistake? I think your pastor is the one in error and not him. If he acknowledged Satan hindered him, why do you believe your pastor who teaches Satan has no power and we need no deliverance from him?

“And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.”

What on earth was Apostle Paul thinking when he made this statement.

“And the God of peace shall bruise Satan UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY”

Ask your pastors to explain the above to you since they believe Satan is no longer irrelevant. We constantly need deliverance as believers in Christ Jesus. We need God to keep pulling and drawing us to Himself always lest the devil should get an advantage of us and knock us away from God.

Truly, the devil has no power to pull us away from God but he can always manipulate us to pull ourselves away. This is why Jesus said in John 8:30-32

“30 Then many who heard him say these things believed in him. Jesus and Abraham 31 Jesus said to the people* who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings.
32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” New Living Translation

Apostle Paul said,

“3 We are human, but we don’t wage war with human plans and methods. 4 We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds.
5 With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
6 And we will punish those who remained disobedient after the rest of you became loyal and obedient.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6

You need to understand The Bible from God’s point of view and not just your pastor’s own. There is need for constant walking with God and always keeping His commandment. Christianity is not a part time job. To keep on obeying God needs constant deliverance from Him i.e. pulling us to Himself constantly as long as we yield ourselves to Him. The devil will always bring temptations, spiritual weaknesses, carelessness, laziness etc. but we need deliverance by the help of His Spirit to be on fire always. Obeying God is a choice one must make daily. It’s not an automatic thing. Your constant yielding God via His Spirit is really a herculean task.

“16 So I advise you to live according to your new life in the Holy Spirit. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
17 The old sinful nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict.
18 But when you are directed by the Holy Spirit, you are no longer subject to the law.” Galatians 5:16-18, New Living Translation

My dear, open your eyes to the truth from The Scriptures and stop been deceived. It’s a serious war yielding to God’s Spirit constantly because of the old nature of sin in us.

The ones who teach salvation is eternal did not bother to add on the condition you remain obedient to God and continuous yielding to The Spirit of God. Stop allowing half-truth make you miss your fullness in Christ.

The above truly needs constant deliverance from the Holy Spirit. Claiming you are saved and you’re still bound to sin and all kinds of unholy living shows you need deliverance. Apostle Paul knew the truth many pastors are shying away from and he exclaimed in 1 Corinthians 9:27,

“I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” New Living Translation.

Does the above sound like eternal security without your own part been played well? I believe you can read the above well. Paul knew he could miss heaven if he did not yield himself to God constantly.
Jesus told Peter before His death,

“31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to have all of you, to sift you like wheat.
32 But I have pleaded in prayer for you (DRAWN YOU TO MYSELF, RESCUE YOU-DELIVERANCE), Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen and build up your brothers.” Luke 22:31-32, words in brackets added by me.

Did Peter made the decision to fall? Yes, he did.

Did he realize his mistake and repented? Yes, he did.

Indeed Jesus prayed for him but he had a choice to make to come back to God via repentance which he humbly did. He was DELIVERED FROM FALLING AWAY. Unlike his counterpart Judas who went to hang himself. Don’t ask me why Jesus didn’t pray for Judas. Just make sure you make heaven then you would be free to ask the Master that question.

So we see here that we all do need deliverance whether from sin, problems, life’s challenges or Satan. So, you now know what deliverance is. You should change your mind and swallow your pride to ask God to deliver you constantly especially from the manipulations of the devils that want to draw you away from Christ. Let me stop here because I have said more than enough. God help us all in Jesus name.

Re: Deliverance from the New Testament View

Post by Christlike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:44 pm

This is dynamically awesome. This is just a simple Bible expository teaching from a man who is truly grounded in The Word and has an apostolic calling. This is pure an apostolic teaching. God bless you papa.